- Registration - Registration is only open to members in good standing of a sanctioned PHiP Inc. club. In order for you to receive your convention credentials and attend the convention activities at the convention site premises, your Club Leaders MUST confirm your membership in your respective club. For the purposes of the MOTM Convention, "members in good standing" are those club members that have their dues paid in full thru the dates of the convention.
- Registration Fee - The price of registration is $90.00 (US Dollars ONLY) per attendee.
- Registration Period - Registration is open beginning the first week of January and will close September 15th or at 3,500 registrations, whichever occurs first. Mail-in registrations have to be paid within 30 days from registering online and are not valid until payment is received. Mail-in registrations will be deleted after 30 days for non-payment. Mail-in registrations must be received no later than September 1st of the convention year. Please Do Not send payment via certified mail. Mail in payment by regular mail, DO NOT require a signature as it WILL NOT be accepted. Checks are for US funds only.
- Transfers of Registration - There will be no transfers of registration.
- Late Registration - There are no late registrations. We set a deadline date for many reasons. We need time to handle all the administrative work as well as supplying counts to various organizations including the City of Key West for fire & crowd control.
- Refunds - There will be NO REFUNDS except in the case of death of the registered person or deployment, documentation is required. A refund can be issued (upon request) for a duplicated registration or mis-ordered / "over-ordered" t-shirts. PHIP is charged a $3.00 transaction fee which will be passed on to the registrant.
- Registered Guests - There will be no unregistered convention guests allowed. Everyone in attendance must be members in good standing of a Parrot Heads in Paradise Inc. sanctioned club prior to registering including during the time period of the convention. For the purposes of the MOTM Convention, "members in good standing" are those club members that have their dues paid in full thru the dates of the convention.
- Registration Confirmation - Your Club Leaders MUST confirm your membership in your respective club prior to your attendance of the MOTM convention activities at the convention site premises. The Registration Chair will send you a "Registration Confirmation" that indicates you have registered for the convention. It is in no way a "MEMBERSHIP CONFIRMATION." Only your Club Leaders can confirm your membership.
- Club Membership - Registering for the convention will not enroll you in a Parrot Head Club. You must be a member in good standing of a Parrot Head Club in order to attend the convention.
- MOTM REGISTRATION/CLUB MEMBERSHIP CONFIRMATION EMAIL - This email is your registration / club confirmation only. This email will be sent as soon as possible AFTER your club leadership confirms your membership. Bring a valid government issued photo ID to the event to register. You will be required to wear your credentials and wrist band at all times while on the convention site premises.
- Special VIP Guests - Sponsors, Musicians, City Officials, Etc. at PHiP Inc. BOD Discretion
- Children - Children under the age 12 free (without a gift/goodie bag and T-Shirt) - all others full rate w/ special non alcoholic gift bags.
- Attendance Limit - The maximum amount of attendees is 3,500 paid, plus special VIP guests as described above.
- Gift Bags - Gift bags are for paid registrants only. Special VIP Guests as described above must register to receive bags and convention T-Shirt.
- Vendors - Vendor Credentials are included in the vendor fee. Vendors must be registered for the convention to receive Gift Bags and convention T-Shirt.
- Security - Security volunteers will be identified with SECURITY shirts.
- MOTM/PHIP Code of Conduct - Through Meeting of the Minds, it is the intent of Parrot Heads in Paradise, Inc. (PHiP) to provide an annual social and charitable event for the enjoyment and benefit of all our members, guests, hosts, sponsors and charities. All attendees shall be required to treat fellow members, guests, sponsors and hosts and their personal property with respect. Members also agree to abide by all local, state and federal laws (including but not limited to) governing misuse of personal privileges, personal property and controlled substances.
Members of all PHiP sanctioned chapters, by virtue of their registration and attendance at MOTM, agree to demonstrate personal responsibility for their words, actions and deeds and to refrain from behavior that is illegal and/or is harmful or disrespectful to themselves, other members, guests, sponsors and hosts or their personal property. Our goal is to provide a safe, pleasant atmosphere in which to share and enjoy our common love of the music and writings of Jimmy Buffett, the fellowship of other members and to further the charitable ideals that we seek to uphold.
PHiP will not condone behavior contrary to our objectives nor that which we feel is harmful or injurious to others. Further, PHiP reserves the right to suspend or withdraw the privilege of attending MOTM of any club member in contravention of this code of conduct. By virtue of your registration and attendance you have indeed agreed to "Party with a Purpose" in a most responsible fashion.
Meeting of the Minds 2017 On Site Registration
First you MUST be a Parrot Head Club member to attend MOTM. You know we verify EVERY club member who attends every year. This is an IRS requirement.
When we are in Key West we DO NOT have the ability to verify your membership. Come to the registration area and fill out the special "MOTM On-Site Registration / Virtual Club Membership form". Please DO NOT join the Virtual Club before showing up to register on-site as again we will not be able to confirm your membership. Fill out the form, the registration cost is $90.00, the Virtual Club membership cost is $30.00, late fee is $30.00.
You will not get a free event t-shirt or gift bag when you on-site register. Remember we had to order that stuff in mid-September and you missed the deadline. Late Registration? $30.00 fee. Why? Because we want you to register before the deadline so we can prepare everything for you in advance. We don't want you to register late…this is only to help people who have a situation that did not allow a regular registration during the year. So, the cost to attend MOTM via late registration is $150.00 on-site. You will walk away with a personalized credential and wristband that allows you to attend all events at the Casa Marina and even ride the shuttle all over the island during the event. Remember there is no free event shirt or gift bag with on-site registration but you are then ready to join your PHriends and see the show!!
If you want to register on site be sure to show up during regular registration hours as there are NO exceptions to these hours. We have an awesome registration crew that are all-volunteer and they need to enjoy MOTM too! On-site registration is during the normal registration hours of Thursday 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM, Friday 9:00 AM to noon, as well as 6:30 PM to 8:00 PM, and Saturday from 9:30 AM to 11:30 AM. Remember you will be registering up front at the Casa Marina in the ballroom beside the lobby. No one will be able to enter the Casa Marina without a credential and wristband during MOTM when registration starts on Thursday.
$150.00 cash or credit card will be accepted for registration on-site during the hours listed above. Once again, after you register you will have everything you need to attend the entire event, ride the Parrot Head shuttle around Key West from the Casa Marina, and enjoy a membership in the Virtual Parrot Head Club for the balance of 2017. There are no exceptions to this process as this is just to help folks who need to use this method of registration. See you in Key West!