Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Who can attend the Meeting Of The Minds Convention?
A: Any member in good standing of a Parrot Heads In Paradise, Inc. chartered, official Parrot Head Club. You must be a member before registering including during the time period of the convention. For the purposes of the MOTM Convention, "members in good standing" are those club members that have their dues paid in full thru the dates of the convention. One person per registration form. You must be registered (paid) for Meeting of the Minds to stay at the Casa Marina which is the host hotel.
Q: Who do I make the check out to?
A: Make checks payable United States Dollars Only to: PHIP, Inc
Q: What happens if after I register I find out I cannot come to the convention?
A: There are NO REFUNDS OR TRANSFERS OF REGISTRATION FEES. All proceeds from the convention registration fees go to PHIP Charities. You have two options. The first and BEST OPTION. Have a friend pick up your goodie bag with ALL the items except your credential (which will be mailed after the convention). The second option is that your credential will be mailed after the convention. Goodie bags can not be mailed.
Q: When will I receive confirmation that I am registered?
A: If you register online using a credit card, you will receive an email "Registration Confirmation" immediately, provided you supplied a valid email address. If you mail in your registration, you will receive an email "Registration Confirmation" provided you supplied a valid email address. Your Club Leaders MUST confirm your membership in your respective club prior to your attendance of the MOTM convention activities at the convention site premises. The Registration Chair will send you a "Registration Confirmation" that indicates you have registered for the convention. It is in no way a "MEMBERSHIP CONFIRMATION." Only your Club Leaders can confirm your membership.
Q: I am not a member of a Parrot Head Club. Can I just select a club when I register and you enroll me?
A: No. Registering for the convention does not enroll you in any Parrot Head Club. We cannot enroll you in a club; you must do that prior to registering and attending the convention activities at the convention site premises
Q: There is no Parrot Head Club near me, what can I do?
A: You can join the Virtual Parrot Head Club. This club was established for those who have no local club.
The ONLY Online Parrot Head Club is located at: http://www.virtualphc.com
Q: When does registration close?
A: Online registration (paid by credit card) closes on September 15th or when registration reaches 3500, whichever occurs first. Mail-in registrations made in August must be received no later than August 31st of the convention year. Mail-in registrations have to be paid within 30 days from registering online and are not valid until payment is received. Mail-in registrations will be deleted after 30 days for non-payment. Please Do Not send payment via certified mail. Mail in payment by regular mail, DO NOT require a signature as it WILL NOT be accepted. Checks are for US funds only.
Q: I missed the deadline is there anything I can do?
A: There are no late registrations. We set a deadline date for many reasons. We need time to handle all the administrative work as well as supplying counts to various organizations including the City of Key West for fire & crowd control.
Q: Is the event doing anything to mitigate the spread of COVID?
A: Although Florida law prohibits us from requiring that registrants be vaccinated, we strongly encourage it for your own safety and the safety of others if you plan to attend.The details of our safety and health screening will be subject to change based on changes in conditions. For your safety and the safety of others, the COVID screening and guidelines for all attendees, vendors, performers and guests, unanimously approved by the PHIP Board, will include:
- Proof of negative covid PCR test no older than 72 hours prior to the first day you attend.
We are exploring the option of an on-site rapid test to be made available for a fee to offset costs, to be made available on a limited basis as an alternative to the PCR. This requirement will be waived for registrants, vendors and performers voluntarily showing proof of full vaccination. If you would like to present proof of vaccination in advance, so that the on-site screening process is simplified and expedited, email a digital image of proof of vaccination to [email protected]
- Temperature screening
- Compliance with all local ordinances and host hotel requirements.
We have been closely tracking local and national developments in the pandemic as well as following other regional events and concerts which have been held safely, responsibly and successfully. We are unanimous in the belief that these health and safety protocols are in the best interest of the Phlock and are worth the effort and the logistical challenges. We are hopeful that our PHriends and PHamily will be patient with us as we work to minimize the risks not only to registrants and participants, but to the children and grandchildren and friends and neighbors to whom you will return after the event.
We understand that some may elect not to attend based on a belief that these protocols are insufficient and others who may elect not to attend based on the belief that these protocols are invasive. We respect these perspectives and these decisions. Because the event is going forward, the "No Refunds" policy is operative. Plans are made and budgets are set based on registrations, and our charities would be the ones feeling the pain in the absence of this policy. We are happy to convert your registration to a donation and to help you arrange to pick up your MOTM "goodies" should you be unable to or decide not to attend.
MOTM Guidelines - Revised Jan 2021 - New Policies or Changes are underlined and in Italics
- Registration - Registration is only open to members in good standing of a sanctioned PHiP Inc. club. In order for you to receive your convention credentials and attend the convention activities at the convention site premises, your Club Leaders MUST confirm your membership in your respective club. For the purposes of the MOTM Convention, "members in good standing" are those club members that have their dues paid in full thru the dates of the convention.
- Registration Fee - The price of registration is $97.77 (US Dollars ONLY) per attendee.
- Registration Period - Registration is open beginning January 21st, 2021 and will close September 15 (online-paid by credit card) or at 3,500 registrations, whichever occurs first. Mail-in registrations made in August must be received no later than August 31st of the convention year.
- Transfers of Registration - There will be no transfers of registration.
- Late Registration - There are no late registrations. We set a deadline date for many reasons. We need time to handle all the administrative work as well as supplying counts to various organizations including the City of Key West for fire & crowd control.
- Host Hotel - YOU MUST BE REGISTERED (PAID) FOR MOTM TO STAY AT THE CASA MARINA. YOU HAVE 30 DAYS FROM BOOKING YOUR ROOM TO REGISTER FOR MOTM OR YOUR RESERVATION WILL BE CANCELLED. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Refunds - There will be NO REFUNDS except in the case of death of the registered person or deployment, documentation is required. This includes but not limited to duplicated registrations and mis-ordered extra t-shirts.
- Registration Check in at Host Hotel (Casa Marina) - All registered guests will need to check in and receive their credentials and wristband. Registration hours are: Thursday 9am to 9pm, Friday 9am to 6pm and Saturday 9:30am to 11:30am.
- Registered Guests - There will be no unregistered convention guests allowed. Everyone in attendance must be members in good standing of a Parrot Heads in Paradise Inc. sanctioned club prior to registering including during the time period of the convention. For the purposes of the MOTM Convention, "members in good standing" are those club members that have their dues paid in full thru the dates of the convention.
- Registration Confirmation - Your Club Leaders MUST confirm your membership in your respective club prior to your attendance of the MOTM convention activities at the convention site premises. The Registration Chair will send you a "Registration Confirmation" that indicates you have registered for the convention. It is in no way a "MEMBERSHIP CONFIRMATION." Only your Club Leaders can confirm your membership.
- Club Membership - Registering for the convention will not enroll you in a Parrot Head Club. You must be a member in good standing of a Parrot Head Club in order to attend the convention.
- MOTM REGISTRATION/CLUB MEMBERSHIP CONFIRMATION EMAIL - This email is your registration / club confirmation only. This email will be sent as soon as possible AFTER your club leadership confirms your membership. Bring a valid government issued photo ID to the event to register. The confirmation email is not required. You will be required to wear your credentials and wrist band at all times while on the convention site premises.
- Special VIP Guests - Sponsors, Musicians, City Officials, Etc. at PHiP Inc. BOD Discretion
- Children - Children under the age 12 free (without a gift/goodie bag and T-Shirt) - all others full rate w/ special non alcoholic gift bags.
- Attendance Limit - The maximum amount of attendees is 3,500 paid, plus special VIP guests as described above.
- Gift Bags - Gift bags are for paid registrants only. Special VIP Guests as described above must register to receive bags and convention T-Shirt.
- Vendors - Vendor Credentials are included in the vendor fee. Vendors must be registered for the convention to receive Gift Bags and convention T-Shirt.
- Security - Security volunteers will be identified with SECURITY shirts.