23rd Annual Meeting of the Minds
October 29th - November 2nd, 2014
(Key West, Florida)
Adopted 03/2010 - New Policies or Changes are underlined and in Italics
- Registration - Registration is only open to members
in good standing of a sanctioned PHiP Inc. club. In order for you to receive your convention credentials and attend the convention activities at the convention site premises, your Club Leaders MUST confirm your membership in your respective club. For the purposes of the MOTM Convention, "members in good standing" are those club members that have their dues paid in full thru the dates of the convention.
- Registration Fee - The price of registration is $90.00
(US Dollars ONLY) per attendee.
- Registration Period - Registration is open beginning the first week of January and will close September
30 or at 3,500 registrations, whichever occurs first.
Mail-in registrations must be postmarked no later than September 15 of the
- Transfers of Registration - There will be
no transfers of registration.
- On Site Registration - There is no onsite registration.
- Late Registration - There are no late registrations. We set a deadline date for many reasons. We need time to handle all the administrative work as well as supplying counts to various organizations including the City of Key West for fire & crowd control.
- Refunds -- There will be NO REFUNDS except in the case of death
of the registered person.
- Registered Guests - There will be no unregistered convention guests allowed. Everyone in attendance must be members in good standing of a Parrot Heads in Paradise Inc. sanctioned club prior to registering
including during the time period of the convention. For the purposes of the MOTM Convention, "members in good standing" are those club members that have their dues paid in full thru the dates of the convention.
- Registration Confirmation - Your Club Leaders MUST confirm your membership in your respective club prior to your attendance of the MOTM convention activities at the convention site premises. The Registration Chair will send you a "Registration Confirmation" that indicates you have registered for the convention. It is in no way a "MEMBERSHIP CONFIRMATION." Only your Club Leaders can confirm your membership.
- Club Membership - Registering for the convention will not enroll you in a Parrot Head Club. You must be a member in good standing of a Parrot Head Club in order to attend the convention.
MOTM REGISTRATION/CLUB MEMBERSHIP
CONFIRMATION EMAIL - This email is your registration /
club confirmation only.
This email will be sent as soon as possible AFTER your club leadership confirms
your membership. Bring a valid government issued photo ID to the event to
register. You will be required to wear your credentials and wrist band
at all times while on the convention site premises.
- Special VIP Guests - Sponsors, Musicians, City Officials, Etc. at PHiP Inc. BOD Discretion
- Children - Children under the age 12 free (without a gift/goodie bag
and T-Shirt) - all others full rate w/ special non alcoholic gift bags.
- Attendance Limit - The maximum amount of attendees is 3,500 paid, plus special VIP guests as described above.
- Gift Bags - Gift bags are for paid registrants only. Special VIP Guests as described above must register to receive bags and
- Vendors - Vendor Credentials are included in the vendor fee. Vendors must be registered
for the convention to receive Gift Bags and convention T-Shirt.
- Security - Security volunteers will be identified with
18. MOTM/PHIP Code of Conduct - Through Meeting of the Minds,
it is the intent of Parrot Heads in Paradise, Inc. (PHiP)to provide an annual
social and charitable event for the enjoyment and benefit of all our members,
guests, hosts, sponsors and charities. All attendees shall be required to treat
fellow members, guests, sponsors and hosts and their personal property with
respect. Members also agree to abide by all local, state and federal laws
(including but not limited to) governing misuse of personal privileges, personal
property and controlled substances.
Members of all PHiP sanctioned chapters, by virtue of their
registration and attendance at MOTM, agree to demonstrate personal
responsibility for their words, actions and deeds and to refrain from behavior
that is illegal and/or is harmful or disrespectful to themselves, other members,
guests, sponsors and hosts or their personal property. Our goal is to provide a
safe, pleasant atmosphere in which to share and enjoy our common love of the
music and writings of Jimmy Buffett, the fellowship of other members and to
further the charitable ideals that we seek to uphold.
PHiP will not condone behavior contrary to our objectives
nor that which we feel is harmful or injurious to others. Further, PHiP reserves
the right to suspend or withdraw the privilege of attending MOTM of any club
member in contravention of this code of conduct. By virtue of your registration
and attendance you have indeed agreed to "Party with a Purpose" in a most